Thursday, May 29, 2008

Domingo de Resurrección.

As this will be the first of my Semana Santa postings as you scroll down this blogsite, I will suggest that you actually scroll further down and first read Semana Santa: something else again, and then come back up the postings in a chronological order.

Resurrection Sunday, Easter Sunday, and the last day of the processions that make up the Antequera Semana Santa, Holy Week.

This procession is different to all those held earlier in the week, and in evenings, in that it is held mid-morning (well 12 o'clock is only mid-morning here). As a result I made my way past a waiting crowd as I came back from my club cycle ride.

But I still have a photograph for you thanks to Google images. And, thanks to an Jose Antonio, the photo taker. As it is I know about 150 Jose Antonios in my bike club, and there's another 200,000 of them here in this 45,000 people town.

So, here is the only trono in this particular procession: El Señor Resucitado (The Resurrected Lord), organised by a Agrupación de Cofradias de Pasión de Antequera. And for the record, the procession starts and finishes at Iglesia San Juan de Dios.





















For me, this Semana Santa has been an experience I will treasure.

Mad
aka Max

No comments: